A Teacher in Transition

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Replacement

Melanie's next student teacher starts on Monday. She came to observe today. We introduced her and explained that I would be leaving and she would be taking my place.
"Will you come back to visit?" a boy asked.
"Maybe on really special days," I said, wondering to myself if I would be able to keep that committment.
"Do you have to go?" they asked.
"Yeah," I said, and explained that I'm not done with school yet and I have to go help other students so I can be a 'real' teacher.
I told them I would miss them a lot.
They seemed okay with that.
When they left today I got extra hugs and three goodbye cards.
"I'm not leaving until Friday!" I reminded them.
They knew - they were just preparing themselves.
I should start that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home